ORU Shackle Reverse and NEW SHOES!

motorbreath53

lucky sob....
Reaction score
So, I finally gathered the scratch but add some BFG's to my truck....

I drive around all puffy chested.... (as if anyone caresLOL)

BUT I KNEW YOU GUYS' WOULD CARE!

how bout this mess...
You must be registered for see images attach

...now it just needs tube bumpers, a roof rack w/ light bar, hydroboost brakes, .... oh, and a common rail Cummins-cuss:D

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love your truck, its what i would love to have one day. Definitely a SoCal truck! Keep it going!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got any photos of the SRK? how hard was it to install? How much? Did you need to change the springs?

Looks great by the way.-Drool

Heath

motorbreath53

lucky sob....
Reaction score
I don't have any pics of the reverse shackle kit on the truck... but i'll try to get some.

... no springs were swapped though. It just got shackles, shocks, and a drop pitman arm.

...oh, and a box to store the pannies that get left on the hood everytime I park it somwhere...

Last edited:

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like someone to explain if they can, the pros and cons of these shackle reversal kits. The Ford guys as well as the Jeep people seem to do it a lot.

When I go through it in my mind, I can see with the shackles in the front, the vehicle will be "pushing" the front axle down the road, where if you had the shackles in the rear, the vehicle would be "towing" the front axle.

That's all well and good but what has me puzzled is if the reverse shackle is such a good thing, why did the factory put the shackles in the front? You would like to think the engineers knew what they were doing(I know some don't, I work with them everyday) and they had to have a good design reason for putting the shackles in front? And like I said it's not just Ford engineers, but other OEM's also originally put the shackles in the front.

I would be curious if any of you know, if some of the new trucks still have front leaf springs, are the shackles still in the front or the rear of the spring?

sassyrel

Reaction score
you body gets beat up much less by the shackle reverse--no "loading" of the springs when hit bump

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
The SuperDutys have front leaf springs. I will have to look later and see where the shackle is, but is my memory serves me correctly, I believe they are in the rear.... but I will double check and let you know.....

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
When the front wheels hits a hole or a speed bump the natural movement of the axle is to be pushed toward the rear of the truck. With the rear of the spring being solidly pinned at the rear, the force of the wheel being pushed back is absorbed in the spring(or not) that why it rides so rough. When the rear of the spring is allowed to pivot on the shackle the spring and axle is allowed to move a little which give you a less harsh ride.

The SD have the shackles in the rear of the spring. Solid mounted at the front of the truck.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Looks sweet, I'd like to do a SRK, but would rather put a D60 under the front first.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online