ok well blew my tranny

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
actually i think i smoked the converter.it makes a scraping sound when in reverse or drive and a slight rattle at idle in park or neutral.im thinkin about seeing if a stock converter will get me by till i can afford another good oneIF the rest of the tranny is ok.its been shifting wierd,shifting harder then hell,shifting beautiful,and now itl shift into 2nd but wont lock the converter or shift into 3rd.

maybe a stock conveter and fluid\filter change is all i need?hopefully?please?

i have the trans-go shift kit for the e4od.i think i can get my hands on a stocker.how long would that hold up with my mods?

and ya i know i shouldnt have been playing like i did thanksgivin morning but i couldnt let a stroke look like a joke cookoo;Sweet:D

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A stocker will not hold up long Rich...you know that. But if you put in a stock TC and keep your foot out of it, pull the chip and drive like gramma then youll limp by until you can fix it right. Hopefully you didnt smoke anything else in there.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kinda what i figured.i just dont have 1500.00 to spend on a new converter and hope the rest is ok.pulling the chip will cause my fuel bill to skyrocket,i get better mileage in my race programs than i do in economy.but i could flip it down to economy and hope for the best with a stocker.atleast ill find out if i smoked the tranny too.i hope not cuz i sure as hell aint got another 5,000.00 to spend.figures my warranty is up.but they would know what i was doing when it blew so it wouldnt have been covered anyways.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online