Oil pressure sender locations?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So some of you probably saw the disaster that I had last night. It got me rethinking my oil system. Right now I’m pulling oil for the turbo off the rear driver side galley plug. It’s a tight fit with the exhaust. I’d like to not put the sender right on the turbo as we’ve seen how that works out. Short of a really custom manifold on the turbo I’m thinking I don’t want my senders there. They were always in the way.

I’m thinking I would like to leave the oil line to the turbo in tact. It’s a solid line with no crazy connections. It begs the question where else can I tap in for the oil senders. I’m planning on remote mounting them somewhere (probably on the firewall) so I need a spot where I can get a fitting in and a hose to.

The factory spot is pretty much a no go with the banks pedestal. I’m using that rear oil galley to feed the turbo. I know there is one behind the oil cooler on the block. I may be able to get a line to it but it will be tight hence why I used the rear most one. I think there is a spot on the oil cooler but I’m not sure which plug it is.

Am I missing any?

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a temperature sensor where this pipe plug is, not sure how easy it is to remove the plug as I did it when the engine was on the stand.

You must be registered for see images attach

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a piece of grease extension hose from the local farm supply store. I found a 36" piece for $10, with 1/8 NPT fittings on both ends.
One end replaces the stock sender on the turbo, the other hooks into a tee located elsewhere for my senders. Make sure to solder a good ground to that tee(or one of the senders).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online

Members online