oil leak?

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so my motor is a new remand one, and for the past few weeks i have noticed a oil leak.

it looks like its coming from the top of the motor, because it comes down both sides of the block it has made the head gaskets wet, this is on the back btw and iam thinking my turbo drain my be the issue?

is their something i could be missing??

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guees it could be leaking from your turbo drain, but the way the intake is designed, it would likely stay inside the valley pan, then drain through the grommet and the way the turbo is positioned, it should only leak on one side of the motor if the leak is coming from the flange on the turbo drain. My guess would be your valve cover gaskets.

charliee22

Reaction score
my does the same thing but my valve cover gaskets are new i spoke with a guy the other day he said it was probably my turbo drain also.

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my does the same thing but my valve cover gaskets are new i spoke with a guy the other day he said it was probably my turbo drain also.

It happend to me once before, the gromet wasent seated right, and my valve cover gaskets are new as well, iam just looking for some info before i take the turbo off

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is possible to be the drain tube grommet, especially if your valley pan has the small or clogged drain holes in the baffle. If this is the case at higher rpms the oil can't drain quick enough and fills the baffle inside the valley pan causing an oil leak. One remedy is to punch some holes with an ice pick through the baffle for better draining. You should ba able to see the drain with a mirror and flashlight from the driver side to check for your leak. Also check where the drain tube bolts to the turbo, it's held on with 2 bolts and a gasket.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin