Oh man, you guys are going to HATE me!!

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Yeah, there is no reason to feel unwelcome over putting a cummins in a ford. Heck if I could afford to I would do it too. Not because I dislike my IDI either. But because it is so easy to get power from them. And I don't want to go extreme, just a little over mild. I don't want to be breaking things. I want it reliable.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I am peeling the old eyeballs currently and looking for a 12 valve with the P7100 Bosch pump.

I would LOVE To find an old school bus engine or something out of a truck with air brakes. On board air is a MUST for this truck. It will be my summer truck, something I can take camping, fishing and towing...I REALLY want air suspension!!!! Consistant ride height no matter what weight is in/hooked to it and smoother than spring when empty.

I have access to all KINDS of tools, and contacts through work now to get brackets cut, order sheets of steel, motor mounts, we have a HUGE account through cummins....I want this thing to be the truck I will drive for the remainder of the fossil fuel era!

chvycmnslvr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I have decided that I am not done with the IDI pickups just yet.

Part of the deal was to take the CCLB in trade for what was supposed to be an awsome little daily driver. After finding a list of stuff wrong with this new truck, I am keeping the CCLB and putting a diesel in it like I had planned.

No, not an IDI though....a second gen 12 valve....P7100 pump.

I have to find the engine of choice, and decide on a trans combination.

It will be a 2wd (unless I can get my hands on another D60 and springs, DOUBTFULL) and rest on air suspension.

I realize this is an IDI board and not a Fummins board, but 90% of my "brotherhood" rests in this forum.

Well I happen to have a set of brackets that will mount your factory alt . and a/c compressor on the cummins and it uses the 7.3 factory belt .... it was in a 93 ford and it got wrecked and the alternator bracket is broken but yours can easily be cut down to take its place ...it simply gets cut off and bolts on with a aluminum plate that is still in tact .. I can send you the plate and the broken bracket to use as a pattern to cut yours down by and it will all bolt on and wire right up ... and it puts the a/c bracket back up on top so the hoses dont have to be modified to fit ... all of these brackets run perfectly true and we never had any belt issues at all

I also know where there is a 4x4 nv4500 transmission and t-case for sale for 1500(I believe it is from a 97 dodge cummins) that will bolt directly to the cummins and your front driveline will bolt right back in, with only slight modifications required for the rear one ... let me know if your interested in any of this...

chvycmnslvr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been dancing with the idea of a DT360 backed with a RTO610 10 speed. The question for me would be what divorced T-case to use and would the front driveshaft need a carrier bearing?LOL I'm assuming that a divorced NP205 from a 70's Ford would be stout enough.:dunno

Why not marry your trans to the t-case ... it can be easily done if you have access to a machine shop with a lathe ... I can draw up the design for the coupling if your interested ... Only a couple parts have to be machined to bolt up the married couple together

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fizzle