obs 7.3 no start

89 Stroker

Reaction score
97 7.3 E350 style wont start now , found my slow crank problem with new batteries , changed the gpr , changed the cps , all fuses check out , cranks relay fast now but still need spray to get it to fire , there's smoke at first start up but when u shut it off even at operating temps , i cant recall seeing any smoke when its turning over , have a video of what it does , also have a serious draw in the system , 850 cca batteries go dead in 45 minutes , the thing runs like a champ when started but last time i drove it the battery light kept coming on so i parked it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9mDCSvghnA

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you turn the key on, the electric fuel pump is only on for 20 seconds, then will stay on after the engine starts. First thing is to check the fuel filter, open the yellow drain valve, turn key on, don't start engine, look for a good flow out the drain valve. If you have that, then disconnect the ICP on the side of the fuel bowl and try to start. Check the tin nut on the IPR solenoid.
The draw on the batteries could be the glow plug relay is stuck closed continuously heating the GP's.

89 Stroker

Reaction score
yea im leaning towards this stupid gpr i bought , i checked the bowl yesterday and it was full of fuel , filter is clean and everything , the tin nut on the ipr is there and tight , the no start is also while its cold ,

well i went out and unhooked the hot wire from the starter relay to the gpr , and she fires right up , i also didnt get the small sprks when hooking up the batteries after i unhooked the gpr wire like i use to

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsims

Members online