O’Reillys don’t buy on line

645E3B

Reaction score
One thing to think about when ordering parts on line from O’Reillys There customer service leaves a lot to be desired, I ordered a vacuum pump on may 29th and as of June 10th ups has lost the part. I have contacted O’Reillys about this after contacting ups you get no response from ups and O’Reillys said that I could go into the store and purchase a second pump and after ups does there investigation which can take up to seven days the money would be returned to me. Truck is down they have the money for the pump and could care less

WisconsinIDI

Reaction score
That's pretty much common practice for ANY online retailer. Things have to go thru a process. It's a risk you take when you buy things online.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pretty much common practice for ANY online retailer. Things have to go thru a process. It's a risk you take when you buy things online.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ditto.

They always make sure it is for sure lost before they send you a 2nd or refund the money. I buy a lot online and that's how it has always been. The tracking system for shippers isn't the most accurate thing either. I've had parts shipped to me and in my hands where the tracking system had yet to register it in the system.

Honestly, if I've ever needed something by a deadline, I always bought it in store. You can get deals on certain parts by buying online, but don't expect it when on a time crunch.

I bought a moog king pin kit through amazon on a wednesday afternoon, paid for overnight delivery, and they showed up monday not packed worth a **** with the bushings and seals absolutely destroyed. Contacted amazon about it being late and destroyed, and the most they were willing to do was send another set via 2 day shipping, even though I paid for overnight the first time. 2nd set showed up the same way, but between the two sets, I had enough good pieces to make it work. In hindsight, I should have just paid the extra money that napa wanted, had good parts the first time, and been done with it that weekend.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screw corporate Chimerica and the SHIPPERS they use.
Period

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
These kinds of issues is why, if a vehicle is down And it must be repaired ASAP, I walk into the parts store and buy what I need. If it is in preparation for maintenance work, or the vehicle is not out of service I will order and have it shipped in.

To me it’s worth spending a few extra bucks to have the part in hand immediately, and have a quick recourse if the part is incorrect, if I need the vehicle for work.

Past example, a few years ago my DD’s alternator failed. It was the only vehicle I had at the time (owned 2 but the other one was with the wife, out of town for a few days. I went to the local parts house I normally uses (name isn’t important since that starts the “you shouldn’t have used them” stuff) and I bought a replacement alternator.

Fast Forward to a few weeks ago, I had an alternator on one of the vehicles begin to fail. This time, it was not my DD, and it would sorta work, and I have other vehicles to drive. This time, I ordered online to same some money. I could wait the few days, since it didn’t mean I was walking.....

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn Skippy!
It hurts to pay 25-50% more in town than the net, but ya NEEDZ IT trumps hurts!
I get factory Toyota parts next day-48 hrs max for my 83 hilux 4x4

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
We have one "mom and pop" style, a locally owned bumper to bumper, and oh-really. The mom and pop is my main go to. Then bumper, as they will get me a decent deal, plus pretty quick if the have to order.
Couple weeks ago the fella at oh-really try to short me out of $20.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have had all kinds of wrong parts,lost in the mail parts and shipping taking forever since the shut down. Ups lost a $400 radiator core in a huge box.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have had all kinds of wrong parts,lost in the mail parts and shipping taking forever since the shut down. Ups lost a $400 radiator core in a huge box.
.......Tell them to look under the hood of their employee's truck...

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not going to help with no tanks soldered onto it.
I shoulda read better. LOL

When I think of 'core' I think of the whole radiator, because that is what you return as a 'core'. :D

pafixitman

Reaction score
I tend to use online ordering for a lot of crap. Day job has me at a desk and laptop so it is easier. A lot of my mower parts however come from a local Cub dealer. Yes I pay more but I like building the relationship even if it is not in stock and needs to be ordered.

About shipping - Until today Fed Ex did not guarantee any delivery schedule since COVID outbreak. I overnight payroll via Fed Ex 5 days a week. 90% of the time it gets there by 10am....I have had overnight priority take as long as two days with no refunds for missed delivery either.

Fredrickson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the things consumers have in their favor when buying online with a credit card is the option of a "chargeback"

Merchants HATE them.

IF there is a problem with an online order, you tell your credit card company you want to initiate a chargeback against merchant XYZ for a recent purchase..

(I usually let give the merchant enough time to remedy the situation, but if not.. Sorry Charlie.)

You then fill out a form as to what happened. with the reason being
"not as described" "damaged" or "defective merchandise", "counterfeit" "misrepresentation" "merchandise never received"

The amount of the purchase will be credited back to your account,
and 'taken back' from the merchant.

The merchant then states their side of the story.

(UPS refunds merchants all the time for lost orders..so no loss there)

Threat of a chargeback can light a fire under most merchants for a resolution..

Merchants get charged $25 every time they get hit with a chargeback, regardless of whose what happened or reasons..

Chargebacks go against their 'credit rating' which affects their fees and credit worthiness

Too many and a company can getits account canceled, loose the ability to accept credit cards, and get black balled from other banks.

Consumers have 9 months to file. (if a part craps out and you get a warranty runaround)
Consumers can initiate upto 3 chargebacks against the merchant if you really want to be an a*hole

So just keep that in your back pocket next time a store gives you the run-around.

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In hindsight, I should have just paid the extra money that napa wanted, had good parts the first time, and been done with it that weekend.

Well, I knew this would bite me.

Bought a carb kit from the napa store. I typically can get 99.9% of stuff next day if ordered by 1030 AM. I ordered it at 10:07 AM tuesday, it's now saturday and it's still not here. Thursday I ordered one from a different supplier and got it that afternoon. Might have to start using them more often.......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online

No members online now.