Not real busy in here

Reaction score
Yes, silly me. I am not sure what years the Rabbits are. 81/82? Got them out of a field for $250 each. The Volvo is an '84, it is in nice shape, and runs/drives very well. In fact better than my other 3 gas Volvos

Reaction score
Rabbits...... They have great rustless bodies. One is a 2dr 5spd with a sunroof, the other is a 4dr 4sp with A/C.

The interiors are not great. Mold, and annihilated headliners, but all else is in tact. After cleaning as many hazelnut shells out as we could, we put a battery in the 2 door. I don;t think the cables are connected somewhere underneath because we got no juice.

So, we turned our attention to the 4dr. More nut shells everywhere. This one cranked and sputtered right off. Wouldn't run but would 'start' then die. All the while shooting blackened fuzz and hazelnut shells into the neighbors yard. I descided to check the fuel system with my limited knowledge.

there is fuel in the tank, but what was in the filter smelled like gasoline. I dunnno if it was gas or maybe REALLY old diesel smells like gas? The tags expired last in '99, so it has been sittin' awhile. I filled the filter with seafoam, but still just sputters. I removed the line and cranked to see what the lift pump would do. No squrts. Now I do have the factory manual, and I find no referance to a lift pump. I see no wires going to the tank for an in tank pump, but I do note that my VW engined Volvo does indeed have an in tank electric lift pump.

So, I guess I am stumped there. Obviously it doesn't run because the fuel isn't being sent into the main pump to be dispersed, but again the manual has no reference to any pump but the main pump........

As far as those conversions go, I would LOVE to have the turbo 6 from my Volvo in my mail jeep DJ5, but can't sacrifice the car for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online