Noisy 2005 Please Help..

therockman

Reaction score
I bought a New 2005 Dodge 4x4. It has been wonderful. The third day i owned it started a fuel cackle noise. The noise has Started to be louder by the day. It's almost as loud as the first generation cummins. I have taken it to 4 Dealerships and they will not repair it. I have 10000 miles on it now and it is noisy. We have 3 2005 dodges and this one is the only one that does this. It's Frustrating. I took it to one dealership and made them do a cylinder kill test with me standing there. They killed injector 6 and the noise went away. They told me the injectors either work or they dont. They must have missed the whole chapter about atomization. they said they cant replace a injector for noise. Everytime i hear an 05 runnin it gets under my skin. I traded in my lariat 4x4 powerstroke because this engine was so quiet. Anyways any techs out there with any info would be appreciated..

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
see it all the time...100:1, you have a bad injector tip..or the injector is cracked...seen both. do me a favor and check your oil...smell it, is it overfull and does it smell like diesel fuel, if so..GO BACK TO THE DEALER...or...call chrysler headquarters...the # is in your owners manual. also..to get under their skin...tell them to take the valve cover off and run the truck...with cover off, then tell them to run it to full pressure..20,000psi i bet that the #6 injector is spraying fuel all over the place. this could end up locking up your engine if not fixed soon enough. maybe its not that they WON'T fix it, maybe they havent been trained on the new gen cummins and dont know HOW to fix it.

Last edited:

therockman

Reaction score
Thanks For the Info. I checked The oil it is a little overfull but not a lot. maybe a 1/4 inch. Does have the Accent smell of diesel though. I have noticed some serious extended cranks lately also. Well I guess im going to have to wait till it does lock up. The dealers in all surrounding cities think im crazy. I called Dodge and I have an appointment with the dealer on the 14th.
The dodge rep is going to listen to it. I hope they will fix my truck. Im down to 12 mpg. Anyways will keep you posted.. Thanks Again.