No Reverse

DieselChemist

Reaction score
All, I went to go back up today and something was slipping bad but I was moving backwards. Then no slipping and no moving. I put some oil in the gear vendors thinking that is what it was, went to go back up and it was slipping until I hit 2500rpm and then started to back up well. I came back out 2 hrs later and it backed up well with no slipping for a couple times but then started slipping again. I have had no problems with foward gears. It has a 4 spd trans with a gear vendors overdrive.
What do you guys think.
Thanks
Bill

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You wont have any problems with the Gear Vendors. If and when they break you end up with your main trans gears. Nothing more like what the gv gives you. If I'm reading your post correctly you have a t19 standard trans. The only thing I can think of that will make it slip is the clutch. Nothing else clutch like in the gear system. Gv works differantly. It take hydraulic pressure to make them work. Usually you need around 15 to 20 mph before they function...They never work in reverse...

DieselChemist

Reaction score
I thought clutch too, but it works fine in foward, grabs and drives perfectly, I thought if a clutch went all gears went. How would I pinpoint it to the clutch?
Thanks for the response.

Al_E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure its a Gearvendors? or is it a DNE2 aux trans.

DieselChemist

Reaction score
Just drove the truck. All foward gears work great with no slipping and the gv works too, shifts really nice in foward gears. If you accelerate hard and then let off the gas there is a little shimmy like the gv wants to disengage. Same thing when slowing down in second to a stop sign. It almost seems like the gv is stuck in gear. Went to go backup and still no reverse. Unplugged the solenoid to the gv and still no reverse. When I put it in 4x4 low I have a reverse gear. What do you guys think. I'm pretty sure icanfixall is right, when the gv goes out then you are stuck with your normal gears but they should still work and the gv has no bearing on reverse gear. This is what I thought too. Any ideas?
Bill

Last edited: