No glow plug action again

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a problem with GP's once and it turned out the connection where the wire harness for the GP's connects to the
controller was the problem.
So now every time I check GP's I put my test light on that stud/terminal and make sure the GP's are getting power first.
Just my 2 cents.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Glow plugs worked again today, 3 times.

I took a look at the harness connector at the passenger side fender. I can see a little distortion in the plastic from heat, but nothing alarming. I couldn't get the connector apart, but I didn't have good leverage. I'll try again to get it apart and check for corrosion and damage in there. I'll put rewiring the glow plug power on the todo list.

As long as the plugs keep working, I guess there isn't much I can do to troubleshoot. We'll see if it lasts this time. Meanwhile, I have bigger issues on the truck to look into.

Tim.

Man don't just love intermitten problems - they can make you pull out your hair. sounds like to me you have a bad connection somewhere and it's just going to take digging through it to find it. You say the plastic is distorted I would look it over real close might not be it but might be.... Keep us posted...

TronDD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the connector has some meltage, there must be at least a bit of resistance in there, can't get any better.

I should probably run through the diagnostic steps checking all the connectors and voltages while it's working, too. Get an idea of what the readings are supposed to be. Then when it decides to stop working again, I'll know when I find the problem.

Tim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online