Next week was turbo install week !

SIKPUP

Reaction score
I finally gathered all my parts to install my used Banks sidewinder. I carefully got all the parts I needed to make the job go as smooth as possible. I installed my pillerpod and banks gauges, got the exhaust pieces I knew I would need. I got my schedule cleared, a return line kit and a whole week to do it, BUT, a deer jumped into my path -cuss ,and I had nowhere to go,so I don,t know if or when I can get this done. I will see were my insurance gets me. :rotflmao The truck is a 136,000 mile F-350 XLT CC DRW 5 speed, that I bought new in 93. I will try to get this truck fixed, because I can't afford to replace it. If anyone has any good aftermarket part #s for upgrading the rad, fan, fan clutch and anything else between the headlights and grill please feel free to let me know as I will try to use this set back to upgrade for my future towing needs.

Thanks for letting me vent,
MIKE

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've hit 3 deer. One each, with 2 different Rangers, and then one with the Windstar. The Rangers killed both, while the Windstar spared one (as far as I could tell since it ran off). Deer suck. I'm not a hunter, but I give a big thumbs up for every dead one I see. LOL What a menace they are. I run a push bar on ALL my trucks, just for this reason. The damage to the rangers was not near as serious as it may have been without them. In all cases the damage was cosmetic and I could keep on driving. Glad to meet another original owner! ;Sweet DO get her fixed up. Take this opportunity to take a close look at your radiator support where it mounts to the frame. They tend to rust away there if your not looking. :rolleyes: The truck will be better for it all when your done. Keep the faith. :fight:

Jaybee

Reaction score
I just hit a nice big corn fed one in south western NY last week! Actually, it hit me. Jumped at the side of the truck and hit around the b-piller area, bed, dually tire... Was amazingly lucky - didn't even scratch the paint let alone dent anything. Did leave a bloody smear down the side of the truck, though. I saw it coming out of the corner of my eye and then a cartwheeling tangle of legs in the rear view mirror. That's my first deer - but by no means not the only close call. They are a big pain!

Jason

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Deer on the road scare the hell out of me! I see deer almost every day at my home. I have hit or been hit by 3 in last 2 1/2 years and many near misses. Need to patch fiberglass on right rear dually fender due to hit about 3 months ago. Not bad but it is cracked.

Welcome Jaybee! You got one tough truck! Read your trip report on the other site. Impressive!! ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online