Newer seats

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone put 96 or newer seats in a truck like ours? I am just looking for some tips to make the conversion quicker as time is short and the less thinking I have to do the better. I notice the mounts are wider but can fab whatever I need. Rear seat is a bench,front is buckets with the console,got them for 300 and they match the interior, blue, not easy to find. I have to rebush the springs on front and rear suspension,put new cab mounts in, put in the diesel,put the ac in the cab, change front clip,install intercooler rebuild and gear change front axle,d60,install hydroboost. All in two weeks after work and weekends so we can leave in 3 weeks for a trip to wisconsin for family reunion, you see why i am asking for tips!!! cookoo
Thanks
Russ

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
I haven't done the seats but I have a '94 and I think the mounting is all the same from '92 up. Good luck. Hope you're taking some pictures on the way. You'll have a new truck when your done! ;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's the skinny.....
81-97 BENCH seats use a rough 34" center on the mounting rails.
99-up BENCH seats use a rough 39" center on the mounting rails.
ER's truck has the 95-97 40-20-40 buckets on a BENCH FRAME. Why is this so important? Even though the seats are independantly adjustable, they are mounted on a common frame. Bronco type bucket seats can be mounted with much work. the holes have to be drilled into the floor as well as the reinforcements welded in. Just as a footnote, ER's truck is a 87-91 body. Full Monte has the same setup in his 83-86 body CC.

tractorman86

Reaction score
well i havent gotten around to it yet but i have a set of 2002 f250 seats i am going to put in the brown beast i'll let u guys know how it goes!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks all and yes there are lots of pictures, engine build and all the other stuff. Will do some articles when time allows.
Towcat, what you are saying is to use the older sliders, build a frame and mount the new seats to them? Independent adjustment isnt a big deal, whole family is tall, well except the basset hound. I measured the width and wasnt to worried, Not afraid to drill the floor for the rear one.
thanks