New toys for thew truck

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
New toys for the truck

Got some new parts for the truck. I'm finally getting rid of the straight pipe exhaust system. Guess I'm getting old because the thought of driving to the ralley at 70 mph turning 2800 rpms for 10 hours or so was worrying me. So I installed a single 3" Flowmaster muffler. Still a little loud (which is cool) but now there is no cackle when accelerating and is much more bearable at highway speeds.

I also bought a deep sump TCI aluminum transmission pan. Haven't installed that, yet. It looks like a nice piece. I'll get it installed next week at work.
John

Last edited:

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
That's why I'm not a fan of Flowmaster. Personally, I think they sound like crap. A Magnaflow sounds waaay better on our trucks.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
One 3" 40 series Flowmaster is not going to make things quiet, but it's much better than no muffler at all. I wasn't looking to make the truck quiet, just not as loud as it was with no muffler. I have dual Flowmasters on my LTD and I think it sounds great. In fact, I like the way both vehicles sound. Now if I can just find performance exhaust for the LS.
John

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
i jus put on my dual 4 inch MBRP exaust, sounds awsome, and smoke out both sides of my truck now, witch is the best part

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Members online