New to me: 1989 F-350 CC SRW

02AutoWag

Reaction score
With help from towcat, I am the new owner of a 1989 F-350 CC SRW. Thanks again Calvin.

Purchased from original owner.
1989 F-350
Crew Cab
Single Rear Wheel
244,000 miles
Oil change receipts from 75,000 miles to present (w/ Delo)
E4OD replaced within last 11,000 miles

Things to do:
1) Vacuum pump and/or booster. - Future hydroboost if not satisfied.
2) Is this coolant filter how-to still correct/worthwhile? http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8931
3) Is this heater core bypass how-to still correct/worthwhile? http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8930
4) WMO collection and filtering setup

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool! Glad to hear you've got an IDI in your driveway. I'm a big fan of the coolant filter mod and run an 8 unit DCA precharge Fleetguard unit (WF2073). It keeps the DCA level at the high end of the range and keep the coolant free of crap.

By the way.......WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS??
LOL:D

Heath

02AutoWag

Reaction score
Pictures from the previous owner:
vbpgimage.php

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Things to do:
1) Vacuum pump and/or booster. - Future hydroboost if not satisfied.

Nice ride!:thumbsup:

If yer even contemplating the hydroboost conversion, don't waste the time on redoing the vacuum booster.
On the 89 it's a direct bolt in application. All ya need are the parts from a F-450!

Hang around, as said, we'll help ya spend some cash.;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What Russ failed to mention was that this was a orig owner truck and it was bought at std cab price. It was worth the 2.5hr drive:eek:;p

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats the same color match as my truck. Even down to the interior seats... I'm really thinking about repainting mine all blue. It had new paint when I bought it but that was 14 years ago with 34000 then miles on it. Now its past 380,000 new several differant motors... You guys know the story... I paid $14500.00 for mine way back then in 1994.... It replaced the 78 XJ12L Jag that I got T-boned in an intersection. by a Tarus. The lady ran into my passenger side door post. I spun 3 times thru that intersection and ended up on the left turn island going the wrong way. She was "only going 15 mph. It riped the differantial out from under the car and ruptured that side fuel tank. The driveshaft pulled out of the trans and leaked fluid everywhere. Looked like my Jag was bleeding to death... I guess it was cause the ins totaled it... That really is a nice looking truck...:angel:

Last edited:

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice ride!:thumbsup:

If yer even contemplating the hydroboost conversion, don't waste the time on redoing the vacuum booster.
On the 89 it's a direct bolt in application. All ya need are the parts from a F-450!

Hang around, as said, we'll help ya spend some cash.;Sweet
What he said - new pressure hoses for the hydroboost are less that $45 and are direct bolt-in for your PS pump and steering gearbox, you can reuse the master as well, so just find the F450 booster and go nuts!

02AutoWag

Reaction score
OK, OK...so Calvin, how much for a hydroboost setup?

Better yet...icanfixall, the paint on my truck is pretty good. To save yourself the hastle of spraying yours, I'll trade you trucks.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I've driven over 3 hours one way to pick up a 96 saturn, than 2.5 hours is nothing for a cherry like that. Nice truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online