New tank score!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
not sure exactly how i am going to set it up yet but i got a sweet new tank set up from my father in law. he runs a place with games batting cages, mini golf and importantly for me a go cart track. he said the tank came with the place when he bought it and he has never used it, it has sat empty for 10 years or so. i figure its perfect for my filtered oil sitting ready to pump into my truck.;Really

now i have to scroungenough to fill it up

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

chvycmnslvr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a nice looking tank .. I have a 275 gal heating fuel tank from the North East country ... I am planning on setting up a filter transfer system from it .. i have a 105 gallon tank in the truck bed ... I can make about 2550 + or - miles with it on a trip

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being it has a pump on that might be a good "end product barrel".
Maybe I should ask does the pump work?
Its nice to see when we (OBer's) get stuff like this.

subway

Reaction score
I have been so busy I don't know if it has rust on the inside or if anything on it at all works. With my luck it will fight me tooth and nail trying to get it set up.

otisd85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i picked up 2 old fuel tanks and one stand for 25 bucks a few weeks back, my first option was to cut one end off then sand blast the inside and heli arc the end back on. not a big problem for me, just a bit time consuming.

i had a buddy suggest reverse electrolosis or osmosis or something like that, i dont know what the proper term is, but he basically said you fill the tank with a solution of water and baking soda and hook up the tank to the negative on a battery charger and the positive to a electrode in the water, and it dissolves the rust down to bare metal.

dont quote me on this proses, do some research, maybe google or youtube, but if something like this works we may all benefit and make it easier to use those rusty old farm tanks.

otisd85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh yeah, i think he said it makes hydrogen gas (the stuff that sent the hindenburg crashing to the ground in a ball of fire), so make sure the tank isnt sealed so it doesnt build pressure, and do it in an open space away from ignition sources.

otisd85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
electrolysis is what the process is called. google or youtube remove rust with electrolysis this might work pretty well for a old rusty fuel tank.

subway

Reaction score
electrolysis is what the process is called. google or youtube remove rust with electrolysis this might work pretty well for a old rusty fuel tank.

yep very cool process to remove rust, its actually in the tech articles here. i actaully had a unusual stroke of luck and there is no rust on the inside of the tank!

reset2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found that the local business that works on gasoline and diesel stations has a supply of waste diesel and gas. This is a left over from testing and repairs that cant be put back in the point of sale tanks. About every county has one of these businesses. Look around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online