NEW RIG!!! 96 F350 DRW 460 auto

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have enough trucks, i think lol
if it wasnt so much to reg, id be slapping new tires on it and driving it.
but i have my 6 door,
a obs bronco
a psd dually
a hotrod diesel
a gasser bump side
i need to stop accumulating projects.
besides dealing with CA smog laws is such a PITA IMO, i really dont wanna deal with it.
i have 2 vehicles that require testing, and i dont want another.
it would be all good, if it was current, but ive parted out many vehicles because of this.
i believe the year is 75 w/ gassers and 97 w/ diesels to be exempt.
besides...
stock trucks are BORING LOL

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can't see the forest for the trees

there are so many people who would love to have that as is.you don't see them like that anymore in most states.i know out west here i see more sharp,clean 9th gen trucks in an hours trip than i will probably see rusted out ones still on the road in half a year back home so you guys don't think much of it but i can assure you,there are so many people on this forum who's trucks will never be so nice ever again,as that one.it would be such a crying shame to hear you parted it out.:(

i have to ask Brian,whats the buy it now,as is price?

Last edited:

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a complete set of doors. 2 fronts, and 4 crew cab doors 96-97 doors( 2 left, and 2 right), the electric ones w/ door panels
a OBS dash, an engine cross member,
and a case of beer.
have title :)
i get these deals all of the time.
there was another on CL for 1700 in pretty much the same shape, but when i tried to find it, it was gone.

once i heard about the fee's its kind of a bummer.
i would love to drive it, but its not cost effective.
did i mention i have not seen the tiniest spot of rust.
the worst part is the driverside dually fender is cracked

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i don't have all that with me lmao.give me a cash $ number if i came and picked it up in a few days,whats the $ id need to drive it away?

actually this isn't Maine.i could probably find you all those things with ease here (but then they wouldn't fit in my car anyway) lol but whats the $ number?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats an extremely hard question to ask man.
if you factor all of the bonus's in that i would get from this rig,
the price to buy these items would not be worth it.
87-95 CC doors range from 100-200 and sometimes incomplete.
96-97 doors are damn hard to find!

the cleanliness of the interior, well these seats go from 4-700 for the front and 3-500 for the rear.

what im trying to say, you already know is that this truck is pretty much invaluable.

not to mention, that driving it in california is a HUGE gamble.
6 years out of reg, if you get spotted driving it, they WILL tow it.
plus the tires are so flat spotted, i would advise a tow.

i honestly thought about taking the plates off my 87 and slapping it on, buying a set of tires, and driving it.
but if i get caught, its pretty much jail time.. which i cannot afford.

as if i didnt have a heavy heart about parting it out already, youre making it really hard not to sell it as is...
i know you, or someone else would give up a pretty penny for it.
the money isnt what im after, its the much needed parts to complete the truck ive spent the last 18 months building.
if this truck came with a powerstroke, i would be at the DMV right now!!

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
What if it got towed across state lines and driven back home? (Wherever home may be)

How does the CA registration stuff work? I know it's more intense than Indiana, but with a title, I could have that truck legal for not much $$$ in 30 minutes.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think loading a mobile parking lot ( auto transport)with a bunch of these headed east could be a killer road trip, you rustbelters put together some funds we got a few class 8 drivers with O.O, parking lots out here looking for a long haul.
Bet filling one up would be easy.
We scrap rust free stuff cuz the smog natzi's and beaurocrats **** us on fees.
Brian' parts' parts'parts.

Thumbnail guess is $1500-2000 IF IT PASSES THE MOST CRITICAL SMOG BS IN THE NATION.
Gawd knows 460's are a ***** out here.

Last edited:

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if it got towed across state lines and driven back home? (Wherever home may be)

How does the CA registration stuff work? I know it's more intense than Indiana, but with a title, I could have that truck legal for not much $$$ in 30 minutes.

all trucks 3/4 ton and heavier are considered as commercial vehicles. with the weight these hogs displace, they tack on fee's upon fee's

my 71 F250, and my 01 F250 both are 270 dollars to register for the year, if current.

its a folk lore that vehicles stay in the system for 7 years, and each year must be paid before operating it.

june 2010 was the last paid date. so, thats 270 x 6 and then they add late fee's and penalties because i cannot prove that it has been stored for this time frame.

the only way i can get around it is if the previous owner did a Non- Operation certificate
which he did not.

some say us cali folk are screwed, but nowhere else are you gonna find a deal like this.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think loading a modile parking lot ( auto transport)with a bunch of these headed east could be a killer road trip, you rustbelters put together some funds we got a few class 8 drivers with O.O, parking lots out here looking for a long haul.
Bet filling one up would be easy.
We scrap rust free stuff cuz the smog natzi's and beaurocrats **** us on fees.
Brian' parts' parts'parts.

Thumbnail guess is $1500-2000 IF IT PASSES THE MOST CRITICAL SMOG BS IN THE NATION.
Gawd knows 460's are a ***** out here.

hooked up the scanner to it, and only throws 02 sensor codes, left and right bank.
other than that, it has a clean bill of health.

i have a call into DMV to find out what exactly the fee's are

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
O2's ... Cool, fees????
Should be interesting.
Being mass air it might be easy on smog, here's hoping its ticket free( back fees go ape chitt crazy)
Good luck.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Verdict is in.
1725$
With a 200 dollar purchase price

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Verdict is in.
1725$
With a 200 dollar purchase price
for the out-of-state buyers wanting to know if they are on the hook or not for kali reg fees, the answer is no. but there's a catch. you have to make it to the border undetected by LE. depending on the knowledge the LE has over reg matters, if you have an out-of-state DL, a signed title from the state of origin(kali), a bill of sale from the kali seller to you the out of state buyer, you just might be able to sweet talk your way out. the penalties if you can't, can range from a ticket for out-of-date tags or to the worst of impounding where you have to pay the registration, transfer, PD release, and tow fees before you get back your vehicle.
now those of you who own your plates, ie. when you sell a vehicle, you take the plates off and transfer them to your next vehicle, you might be able to bring in your out-of-state plates and hang them on the kali truck and plea stupidity "if" you get pulled over and questioned. chances are, you won't if you can spin up a good story. kali people thinking this can be a good trick, just remember, if you have a kali DL and are caught plate swaping, impoundment is automatic and you go to the pokey for a felony.
hope this primer helps the potential out-of-state buyers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online