New Method For Bleeding Fuel System

suv7734

Reaction score
OK call me lazy.
Truck hasn't been started for a few months, July to be exact.
Has a known issue with the o-rings leaking on the fuel heater so the system I know it will require some cranking to get fuel back up due to leakdown.
Check the oil level, coolant etc. prior to start-up and then I think...
Why crank on the old girl just so it will run for 5 seconds and then die and then crank for 10 seconds at a crack until the system primes back up?
Go back into the shop and grab the tool to take the core out of the Schraeder valve and my vacuum pump.
Take the core out of the valve and then hook up the vacuum pump with the reservoir like I'm bleeing brakes. Pump up the vacuum until I only see fuel with no bubbles. Remove vacuum pump and re-install valve core. Crank engine and starts within 3 revolutions and keeps running like it was started a week ago.
But I still have to replace the o-ring in the fuel heater... :rolleyes:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Similar to the rig I devised for changing fuel filters... An old OMC boat motor gas can hose with the squeeze bulb primer, modified with a locking tire chuck on one end. Just snap that puppy on the shrader valve, squeeze the bulb until your hand muscles ache, and fuel is coming out of the hose....

You must be registered for see images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online