New Evolution Questions

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
I just got my Evolution in and I have a couiple of questions. I found that if I do a full-throttle sprint, when I clutch into neutral and begin to slow down I get a lopey-idle type situation. Is this normal? I ran the truck first on 80hp with my 10k mod still in. When I removed the 10k it was a bit better, but there was still a bit of a lope.

Secondly, clutch life. By running on the 60 and/or 80hp level, am I significantly shortening the life of my clutch? Can my stock clutch handle the 80hp level on a daily basis?

Finally a smoke observation. I knew this thing would smoke a bit, but when I first took off, I could not see behind the truck! Just going down the road I could black out the entire lane. Definately way cool! I've put the 60hp program in it for now and I'm going to drive it like that for a few days to see how I like it, then I may go bakc to the 80hp setting.

[><]

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think your slipping the clutch on the 80 hp level????? I would think the clutch could handle that with no problem.......

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless your clutch was previously abused, you wont hurt it on the 80 hp level.

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
I was playing with the 80hp level in traffic yesterday on the way home, and this morning coming into work. I don't think the clutch is slipping. That's good, cause I can sure roll the coal when I want to.

[><]

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
Originally posted by rebel_horseman

Secondly, clutch life. By running on the 60 and/or 80hp level, am I significantly shortening the life of my clutch? Can my stock clutch handle the 80hp level on a daily basis?

[><]

I pull trailer with my truck with a 140hp chip, no signs of slippage.
However I do have a problem passing bikes,all it does is smoke pass them.:LOL:

I hate them bikes when the ride three or four wide taking the whole road
:mad:

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
I have 60, 80,100 and 120hp setting on my chip... I don't have any slipping with the 120..I do have an Auto but if there was going to be a problem it would show in the auto before the manual....

I drive everywhere in 100hp.... no smoke unless I lugg it down & then get on it... but man put it in the 120 setting... Its like a freight train going up a hill... I usually save it for ricers, tailgaters and sometimes bikes... The other day I had the chick so close to the back of my truck that I couln't see her out the rear view... and only every now and again in my side mirrors.... I don't know if she thought I was going slow or what.... but I was already going 35 in a 25.... So I twist it over to 120 and give it some brake and gas at the same time.... you could no longer see her car... she decided to stay back a ways after that. :D