New diesel owner from Ohio: '92 7.3 IDI

Nick382

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Hello everyone! I've made another introduction elsewhere; so I'll just copy that over.

Nick382 said:
Hello everyone!

Just bought my first truck (and my first diesel.) I work on all my own vehicles, so I've got a lot of learning to do. I bought this truck understanding the injection pump is going to likely fail. It starts perfect when cold, but will not start hot. I think this is "heat soak?"

I've also got some shifting issues which I believe are related to shifting linkage and bushings. Primarily hard to go into gear while truck is running.

Thanks in advance!

At the moment I'm installing the heim joint mod, and refreshing pedal box bushings.

I'd like to compression test my engine (at the advice of someone more wise than myself,) before I spend a bunch on money on the injection pump + injectors. I don't have a compression tester or access to a rental (AFAIK.)

Anyone like to help my cause?! Current zip is 43050

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good to see you here. if you have any questions you can start a post in the 6.9-7.3 IDI section.

Nick382

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! So far I'm harassing the folks in the other forum; but I'll be sure the share the love!

I'll likely struggle with more than one job on this truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Staff online

Members online