needing parts!!!!

mech140

mech140
Reaction score
can any one help me out I am needing a glow plug relay control and a tach sensor,( it attaches on the side of the timing gear cover and has two wires for hooking up.) It is for my 88 f-350, 7.3 idi na. If any one has any of the parts listed for sale , or know the best place or cheapest to get these i really would appreciate any help. Thanks
Bob......

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Probably the best thing to do for the tach sensor would be to buy a new one at Ford. That's the only place you'll find one. I can't remember how much they want for the thing but its like $40 IIRC.
The glow plug controller is rather expensive if you need a new one, if all you need is the solenoid then that's not so bad.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
On an 88, the solonoid and controller are all one unit. Contact Darrin Tosh, I believe he had a couple, not sure if he sold them yet or not. He has posts quite regularly, so he's not hard to find. Someone may have a used tach sensor as well, but you might also check online with Titus-Will Ford, they generally are very competitive price wise, even with shipping.

You can also get the GP controller from them, and I've seen some new ones on eBay, but eBay is hit or miss quite often.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got a few extra glow plug controllers that Ive picked up if your interested. I dont have a tach sensor at the moment but can look for one when Im yard hoppin later today.

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a spare Tach sensor. I bought it from the stealer for $84. I'll let it go for $70 shipped ot cut my losses.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinceslamer

Members online

No members online now.