Need transmission ideas for a DT swap

rowingdude

Reaction score
Good day all,

I am in the process of getting the parts around for a DT360 swap into my truck. I am currently running a 7.3 non turbo with the E4OD. The project will probably not happen until next year, when I also plan to work local hauling. Regardless, I understand the DT360 requires an SAE #2 bell housing. While I could buy the adapter plate for the ZF5 I am going to put in, I was considering using a different transmission altogether. Be it a RoadRanger (I think that's what they're called) rather than the ZF5, or perhaps something different of the automatic persuasion. The idea of using a 8+ gear manual box would be to avoid having to find one of these "Spicer" boxes which no one can find... and the added costs with installing it.

My question to you knowledgable folk, is since it'll cost me nearly $2500 to get the adapter plate, custom flywheel, and the clutch to mate the ZF5 to the DT360, is there a better manual transmission in that price bracket ($0-$2500) that I could put in there easier?

For instance, the RTO-6613 transmissions can be had for $1400, I assume that a standard clutch and flywheel could be had for $600 or so and then the drive shaft will have to be modified and a SAE #1 -> SAE #2 adapter plate will have to be sourced..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stubburnjd1

Members online

No members online now.