Need some help from everyone

Kilted Celt

Diesel noob
Reaction score
Ok so the insurance company is having problems finding a comparable for my truck.

This is what I need from you all, current listings of 1991-1993 F350 CC with 4 wheel drive, auto trans, turbo, good interior, shell if available, tow package, sliding rear window, power locks/windows, cruise control, CD player, running boards, bed liner, and mileage around 125,000. KBB says around $4,660 and most of the adds I can find are around $3,500 to $9k, yeah the top end is smoking something. If these trucks are in the surrounding states of Utah, Idaho, Colorado, Wyoming, Oregon, California even better.

Last edited:

wmoguy

Reaction score
Ok so the insurance company is having problems finding a comparable for my truck.

This is what I need from you all, current listings of 1991-1993 F350 CC with 4 wheel drive, auto trans, turbo, good interior, shell if available, tow package, sliding rear window, power locks/windows, cruise control, CD player, running boards, bed liner, and mileage around 125,000. KBB says around $4,660 and most of the adds I can find are around $3,500 to $9k, yeah the top end is smoking something. If these trucks are in the surrounding states of Utah, Idaho, Colorado, Wyoming, Oregon, California even better.

If you really want to help out, please create a current listing of a truck for sale on KSL.com under car classifieds, it's free to list and add pics. List your city as being close to Salt Lake city and after I get the insurance company to see the listings you can drop the add.

That sir is aiding in Insurance fraud.

However if you want a quick way to search listings on Craigslist w/o the hassle of going thru each locality use http://www.searchtempest.com/

Kilted Celt

Diesel noob
Reaction score
That sir is aiding in Insurance fraud.

However if you want a quick way to search listings on Craigslist w/o the hassle of going thru each locality use http://www.searchtempest.com/

Thanks for the tip on the search, as for the insurance fraud... I guess it could be considered a little under handed but honestly I'm just trying to help them see the truck values. I'm not asking folks to jack the prices or anything just need some more listings as there aren't any.

sandrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel for ya buddy I just went through that I know where there is a 97 psd W/315 thousand but thats about it. I did a nation wide search for 93 to 97 try credit auto in washington state in spokane and craigs list for each acceptable state. You will find one within a month guarandamnteed!!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, they asked me for the exact same info when they couldnt find it for my truck, I dont think it is fraud.
I sent them 2 several diesel forums.

LSOSGT1109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why does the insurance company need a comparison truck to determine what they are going to pay you? They should take the KBB or NADA retail value then add for your customizations. When I totaled a tahoe a few years ago they wrote me a check for the value of the tahoe then they had me give them a list of any customizations and any property that was destroyed with the vehicle and what it would cost to replace those items then they wrote me a check for that.

I agree with the above post, asking people to create fraudulent listings to assist you in receiving insurance money is not a good idea and could very well lead to guys in suits working for a government agency knocking on your door.

Just to add, I'm not criticizing you or anything, just trying to help. You might say I'm kinda in that line of work and I can see how this could cause you some problems. Insurance investigators and most federal agents don't have much of a sense of humor!

Kilted Celt

Diesel noob
Reaction score
Why does the insurance company need a comparison truck to determine what they are going to pay you? They should take the KBB or NADA retail value then add for your customizations. When I totaled a tahoe a few years ago they wrote me a check for the value of the tahoe then they had me give them a list of any customizations and any property that was destroyed with the vehicle and what it would cost to replace those items then they wrote me a check for that.

I agree with the above post, asking people to create fraudulent listings to assist you in receiving insurance money is not a good idea and could very well lead to guys in suits working for a government agency knocking on your door.

I deleted the part asking for guys to list trucks in my area to help show truck values. I'm more interested in finding listed trucks for sale.

I was told by my insurance claim adjuster that she couldn't find any trucks other than f250's to compare my truck to, so unless they receive something else then they will use the current value. I have so far found several trucks that are 91 f350's and not one is under $4,500. I asked about KBB and she told me they don't use it as it is not accurate. I for one see everyone use it as a recommended resell value all the time, but what ever.

The insurance company is also not going to pay me for any of the addon's to the truck including the turbo, exhaust or anything else as they deem it a user preference item not a manufacturer recommendation. Now I know as well as everyone else that Ford added turbo's to the IDI until they went to PSD but it wasn't on this particular year.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
The insurance company is also not going to pay me for any of the addon's to the truck including the turbo, exhaust or anything else as they deem it a user preference item not a manufacturer recommendation. Now I know as well as everyone else that Ford added turbo's to the IDI until they went to PSD but it wasn't on this particular year.

That right there is HORSE ****:mad:

You spent money on it because you wanted it. Just like you spent money on a F350 crewcab, NOT a reg cab ranger.

Tell them to pay for your extras or they can start talking straight to your lawyer

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what insurance company do you have? id like to know because i will NEVER give them my money.

Kilted Celt

Diesel noob
Reaction score
That right there is HORSE ****:mad:

You spent money on it because you wanted it. Just like you spent money on a F350 crewcab, NOT a reg cab ranger.

Tell them to pay for your extras or they can start talking straight to your lawyer

Totally agree with you, hence the reason why I'm looking for trucks right now.

I released the hounds sorta speak by calling several ford dealers and sent them looking for a replacement truck like the one I had. I think I got them really worked up when I told them it was to replace the one I lost and that the insurance company needed to know a price.

Now I know what it feels like to chum the waters. :D

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Totally agree with you, hence the reason why I'm looking for trucks right now.

I released the hounds sorta speak by calling several ford dealers and sent them looking for a replacement truck like the one I had. I think I got them really worked up when I told them it was to replace the one I lost and that the insurance company needed to know a price.

Now I know what it feels like to chum the waters. :D

New:eek:, about $55,000;Really They should consider their selves lucky that you choose to drive something with a wee bit smaller price tag.:backoff Best of luck.;Sweet