need some advice!!

Jeremy Cima 31

Reaction score
A while back I traded for a 94 F250 7.3idi. After the trade a few of its problems started to unfold.
Any advice helps

Oil leaks
Hard start
Sloppy linkage
Shifting bad

So the oil leaks are fixed for the most part. All besides pulling the motor to fix the rest.

Linkage tightened up
Also the transmission was about to fall off.

He hard start is a result of the guy before me took off the glow plug controller and the wiring harness for it. And installed a ****** push button that doesn't work.

Now to the shifting, that tranny was rebuilt when the previous owner had it and it has a 3 year warranty I'm hoping the shop will still honor the warranty seeing as it has switched hands.

It's an automatic. When putting it into drive it shifts hard and gets smoother in the other gears but I notice a power lost going from 2nd to 3rd. When coming to a stop 2 things will either happen. One it will stall out and I will have to start it back in park and put it back in drive sometimes it takes a few try's because going back to drive it will sometimes stal out again while not even moving. Or when I come to a stop and pull out again it's in a high gear and the truck is barely moving until some momentum is built up. Maybe a shift solenoid is bad but I don't know.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The converter is remaining locked.

full

E40D: The Importance Of A Clean Trans Harness. Code 62 & More

Jeremy Cima 31

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Now some more bad news.

As I was driving home from work tonight it started missing and stalled out on me twice while driving down the damn road. While this was happeneing the like the dash lights where going in and out. After that my break lights and turn signals won't work. Finally got it the fuel station because my front tank was on a little under neath a qtr. my front tank which is the only tank my fuel gauge works out will not take any fuel. I don't know what's up with that. So put some fuel in my rear tank. Switched tanks and drove her on home

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online