need help

chevy silverado

Reaction score
hi every one i have a 5.5 honda motor that i bought, but it has a problem with it when i try to pull the pull start but it gets very hard to pull i cant hardly even pull it. so i was woundring if could give some ideas what is rong with it and how i can fix it. thanks(keith) :confused:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you could try yankin on it with the spark plug out and see if it gets easy to pull or if water/gas/oil comes out the plug hole.it could be hydro locked.or you could have a bad rod thats half siezed and the engine is junk.

chevy silverado

Reaction score
i tried that it did not work , i also put some wd-40 in with the piston and it did not work either. i was woundering if you might think the crank shaft is bent.

thanks(keith)

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like the rod bearing/bushing is shot or the rod is bent ive never heard of a crank bending but is possible.could also be a siezed cam bearing.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
If it is on a law mower type setup, where the blade mounts to the end of the crank, they do get bent. Some people try to "brush hog" with them and they end up thumping the blade against something and bend the crank. We used to check/straghten them quite regularly. As far as anything else though, like a generator, pump or such, I don't think a crank being bent would be likely.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Staff online