Need HELP with PSD

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is your engine oil level OK? Check that. You need 500 PSI to fire the injectors. Does the Tach move when cranking? If it don't you are not cranking fast enough to start. Tach should show around 2 - 3 hundred RPM .

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The truck was probably running Ok until it was fueled up with gas. You changed the HPOP, now you don't have enough HPO. I would go back to HPOP and make sure that is OK.

What scanner are you useing?

Also check the battery voltage while cranking at the battery, if it goes below 11 volts it's not enough to make it start. Maybe your scanner can read the voltage while cranking.

Last edited:

texasking254

Reaction score
Yea the hpop came off a running moter and I have a mother diesel jumpin me when I'm crankin it

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you filled the resivoir for the HPOP?
If you have, have you tried cranking it without the ICP sensor plugged in? Unplugging it will make the computer default to seeing 725 psi, and it should attempt to start.

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you filled the resivoir for the HPOP?
If you have, have you tried cranking it without the ICP sensor plugged in? Unplugging it will make the computer default to seeing 725 psi, and it should attempt to start.

dumb question. where is the hpop resivoir (95 powerstroke)

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don't have a PSD you don't have one, an IDI has none. On a PSD it's under the plastic cover held on with 2 bolts, under that you will see a shiny rectangle box, that's the reservoir, it fills automatically when cranking the engine or running, but you can prefill it by removing the small plug on the lower right hand corner. Only holds a little over a pint, fill to 1/2" from the top.

Last edited: