need help with part

13fcolt

former professional
Reaction score
what is the thingy on top of injector 1 and the injector line ?
i was getting ready to install an injector install kit to get rid of a fuel leak
and as i was removing the lines i found out the the PO had cross threaded the #1 line on this dohicky the was on top of the injector.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

it gets worse because the nut on the line cracked as i was removing it so now
i need to replace the line the the whatever it is. and i need to do it before monday morning. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
what is the thingy on top of injector 1 and the injector line ?
i was getting ready to install an injector install kit to get rid of a fuel leak
and as i was removing the lines i found out the the PO had cross threaded the #1 line on this dohicky the was on top of the injector.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

it gets worse because the nut on the line cracked as i was removing it so now
i need to replace the line the the whatever it is. and i need to do it before monday morning. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have a line that is from an early 6.9 and doesn't have that "thingy" that you are talking about. That "thingy" is for timing the IP and is on the 7.3L (and I think some later 6.9L) engines. You can bypass it with a line from an older engine, or you will need to get that part and a line that hooks to it. I can send you the line for the cost of shipping, but it won't be to you by Monday morning.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PM RLDSL Her might not see your post, he lives in Conrad just North of Little Rock. He may have a line.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I sent a PM back. I can try to get it out in today's mail with the evening delivery, but I need to know if you still need it from me or if RLDSL can get you one sooner. I can ship it priority, standard, etc. but I need to know how you want it shipped. I'm assuming the sooner the better.

13fcolt

former professional
Reaction score
RLDSL hooked me up. great guy! it was good to get to meet someone into idi.
he was having some fun when i showed up and i wanted to stay and help and talk truck,
but the wife-oid sensed this with her powers and shot me a look.
the "oh no we aint hanging around just so you can talk about trucks" look.

oh well, my truck is running again. still got a fuel leak though. damn.