need help with IP

evilplan

Reaction score
Ok IP experts, here is what I need help with: bought a used motor with full banks sidewinder turbo kit. Motor runs great but as it sits idling you can smell the fuel like its running rich, but run it at speed and its fine. I suspect the IP is turned up by the previous owner. How can I return the fuel screw to the factory setting so I know where I am to begin with then make the proper adjustments for the turbo? Thanks in advance!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have some bad injectors. the pump doesnt get "rich" . It may be turned up but at idle it shouldnt be affected.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So is this engine installed and running when you smell the fuel...Or is it on the floor or test stand running... It will make a differance how you answer this question...

evilplan

Reaction score
Engine is installed and injectors are 3 month old new Delphi's. Do you suspect its leaking? Not doubting the wisdom, just trying to understand what/how an injector causes this problem

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you aren't getting any black smoking when tromping it, the fuel setting should be OK.

Last time I was in Lake Elsinore, I didn't see your truck smoking, Daughter lives there.:D

OK, just kidding about seeing the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online