Need help w/ ATS turbo

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to REINSTALL the turbo? I took it off by pulling off the pedistal, can I bolt it to the intake and set the turbo back on it? If so, will I be able to get to the bolts? Or is this gonna be a reverse of removal,(shake the **** outta it till it falls in and hope it dont leak when done):rotflmao

pafixitman

Reaction score
I installed my pedestal and then the turbo...3 times...actually others did it for me twice. It's a ***** no matter how you do it. Get some nice stubby open end wrenches. getting the gasket to stay put took more trouble than it should have.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has an O ring so that might make it easier. I thought it all might come out as an assembly but that didnt work out so well. LOL

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Well, I've been doing this exact same thing the last couple of days. I've taken it out twice, and put it in 3 times since these last couple of days. Yes it is a *****, and you will be swearing like no tommorow however you do it. I put the pedistal in, and then the turbo. I held the exhaust gasket in with some grease so it would stick to the turbo when I installed it. Its definatly easier with more than 1 person, but its do-able. Make sure if you do this, to install the studs that mount the turbo to the turbo pedistal into the turbo before installing, then taking the bolts and tightening them up. I tried it with the nuts on the studs and then put them into the turbo, and I ended up having an oil leak because I didnt align it right or something.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, Turbo is on, but the intake hat isnt. I barely had enough room to get the turbo in there. I left the up pipe on it.
I have to unbolt it again to slip the hat in there dont I?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
You could either do that, or loosen up the turbo and clock it so that you could put the hat on, and then move it back down to put the hat on the intake and then tighten down the turbo bolts.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about that, but I'm worried about tearing the turbo seal. I might have to do it that way anyway. I'll work on it more tomorrow.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Well to be honest I would only resort to reclocking the turbo housing as a last ditch effort. Just loosen up all the bolts as far as you can go without taking them out and then have someone lift up the turbo while you put on the intake hat, or vis versa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online