need help from the guru's

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
ok, so my rear four link is in. moved to the front and pulled out the two wheel drive stuff. now i'm in a pickle. i need to locate the mounts for my front links and as i had radius arms and not leafs, i find myself in an uncomfortable position as i don't have any refrence as to where to mount them. on the rears i ulitized the spring mounting location. i would like to use the same on the front, but i don't have any pics. i've searched, but couldn't find a pic that i could get a reference from. another concern i have is if there are any differences in mounting locations from year to year, as mine is an 86 and they changed body styles in 87. if anybody has any or can take any pics i would be thankful. sorry so long
chris

FordGuy100

Reaction score
ok, so my rear four link is in. moved to the front and pulled out the two wheel drive stuff. now i'm in a pickle. i need to locate the mounts for my front links and as i had radius arms and not leafs, i find myself in an uncomfortable position as i don't have any refrence as to where to mount them. on the rears i ulitized the spring mounting location. i would like to use the same on the front, but i don't have any pics. i've searched, but couldn't find a pic that i could get a reference from. another concern i have is if there are any differences in mounting locations from year to year, as mine is an 86 and they changed body styles in 87. if anybody has any or can take any pics i would be thankful. sorry so long
chris

I'm kinda confused, what is it you need a pic of? I could probably go out and get a pic for you if you need it.

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The leaf springs in the 4x4 250 TTB fronts didn't change mounting locations from 1980 to 1997. I'm pretty sure the 350s with solid fronts had the same mounting locations as well, but not 100%. I don't have any pictures of the spring mounts, but the rear mount sits directly underneath the rear vertical piece of metal in the body mount - the body mount behind the fenderwell. The hole for the spring is 3" below the frame there. Do you have pictures of what you did to the rear? I could probably be more helpful if I knew what you were trying to duplicate...

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
sorry about the confusion. i am looking for pics of the rear spring perch of the front supension. if it's located 3 inches below the rear of the body mount thats where i'll put it. thanks for the info
chris

suv7734

Reaction score
I'm assuming that you are going from coils to leafs and to a solid front axle? if so this may help.

Attachments

• 864x4front_susp.gif
    864x4front_susp.gif
    189.5 KB · Views: 20

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Here is a pic of mine. My steps are mounted to the bottom of the cab supports. Sorry I didnt have access to a tape measure to measure it out for you, hopefully this will give you an idea though...

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Whoa, look at all that oil on the tranny, time for a ZF-5 speed :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle