Need Help (before it rains)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While driving home today i was hauling an engine stand for my project car. I went to turn into a side street and the engine stand slid all the way up and crashed through my rear window. It hit one of the two sliding parts that make up the sliding rear window and the rest of the window is intact.

Does anybody have an extra window peice i could purchase from them?
What would be involved in installing the sliding part?
Where can i get a good cab protector?

I feel like an a$$ for not turning the stand on its side because it wouldnt have happened if i did.

Thanks, matt

highest_vision

Reqistered User
Reaction score
There are all kinds of windows that can be made to fit your truck. Do you have a factory window? Original? Lots of different styles through the years. Maybe a pic of what the latch looks like on yours.
You could tape it up for now. Or get some plastic sheeting.
James

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yikes! :eek: Sorry to hear about all that...too bad you weren't closer I've got a complete slider here in the garage I'd love to sell yah from when I put my power slider in. I just don't know how I would ship it to yah without it looking worse than what you have now. :rolleyes: I just ran down and looked...I thought the frame came apart to be able to somehow replace just the sliding window part. I don't see anyway (at least on mine) that you can just replace 1 pane? :confused: I'm sure a glass shop would be able to tell yah if there is a way.

dbensen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I paid $50.00 for a complete unit in the junkyard. Tinted and everything. Call around and make sure it comes with the gasket. Just a thought. Doug

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good excuse to upgrade to a new rear window with a power slider. ;Sweet

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i have an extra slider in my yard, trouble is its still attacked to the truck. you can have the whole dang truck. i dont know if i trust myself to pulling it out.

btw- if it matters its a 85 or 87 truck i think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online