Need fuel line help-quickly

tractorman86

Reaction score
If you just want to get rid of that stupid factory noise, you can do like I did here the jic 5 -orb fitting for the tailpice in the pump should be available at any stanadyne pump shop. I believe one of the guys here was trying to put together kits to sell, might want to search it. beats the heck out of that stupid donut setup that leaks everytime you have to disturb it so you have to buy a new seal -cuss buy it once and be done with it

that's me!:D :D

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That hard line is supposed to have a rubber gasket? What connects to it? The hard plastic return to the tank? I've never had mine off for any reason, but its easy to make it leak at either of the small return connections...I do know that!

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you just want to get rid of that stupid factory noise, you can do like I did here the jic 5 -orb fitting for the tailpice in the pump should be available at any stanadyne pump shop. I believe one of the guys here was trying to put together kits to sell, might want to search it. beats the heck out of that stupid donut setup that leaks everytime you have to disturb it so you have to buy a new seal -cuss buy it once and be done with it

+1 on the "get rid of the proprietary OEM junk". Moving to a JIC or SAE flare is much better as you are essentially going to a 5000 psi hydraulic connetion that can be easily serviced/replaced via automotive or hydraulic sources. Whether you use hose or hard line is personal preference, but either way you are going to get a more leak free connection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin