Need clarification on leaf spring shackle bushings

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm replacing both front shackles on the truck. Ordered a new set from ATS. My question is, the current bushings look like the first pic. The new bushings look like the second pic. Is it a problem that the new bushings do not have the lip around the edge and might even be a tad bit skinnier? I searched but I'm on the tapatalk app so it doesn't always load pictures and I don't have Google. Sorry for the rookie question but these are quite a bit different than the jeep springs in used to lol. Thanks.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crap how in the hell did I post this in the tech articles?!

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new ones came with the new shackles. So I guess I have a set of bushings should I ever need them... Next question. The passenger side bushing is kinda chewed up on the inside lip... Not sure why or how but if I stick a piece of mudflap in there with the bolt going through will it be ok?
You must be registered for see images

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You could possibly order just one side of the bushing. If you wanted it to be "right."

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could possibly order just one side of the bushing. If you wanted it to be "right."

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
I'll look into that... But for now I have GOT to get her back on the road... I've got 4 jobs sitting in the shop that I can't even deliver without my truck lol

BR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The whole set of energy suspension new bushings is less than $40 if I remember correctly. The new bushings you already have are actually the factory style on some trucks. There were options. To get them in though, most always you need a 20 ton shop press and a strong right hand to hold the leaf pack up while pressing. The fact that someone already pressed or burned your old ones out is a handout in hard labor haha

To me the best deal would be just order a new set of energy, as they just pop right in by hand, but if time is of the essence, ya gotta do what ya gotta do

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Rock auto sells the Poly bushing set from energy suspension. 50 some bucks for all 6 bushings needed, another 12 bucks for the track bar. I just got mine last week. Lol

You can push out the poly ones and put the rubber in.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll end up doing that here in the next month. Got get her back on the road first

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online