Need a lift

Classicfordguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need some lift advice. Just bought some 36" tires to replace the bald 33" tires on my 94 F250 off road 4x4 with the TTB front end. Im thinking about 6" of lift from where it sits now but who knows how much the front springs have sagged from stock(got about 3/4" of travel to the bump stops).

Either way does anyone have suggestions on a good place to get new front springs and drop brackets? Do I need a dropped pitman arm? What have you guys done for inexpensive lifts?

I would have considered switching the front axle to a dana 60 if I hadn't already rebuilt the whole thing a year ago. Oh well.

Thanks,

-Rob

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your best bet is to try a complete suspension lift package. Any of the popular brands will work. Yes you will need a drop pitman arm. Also you will need the drop bracket for the axle pivot bushings. I bought my truck with the lift on it. also get a good alignment. You will probaly need some aftermarket offset bushings to get you caster camber set correctly. I'm running 36" also and that is about the max size with just a 6" lift.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have considered switching the front axle to a dana 60 if I hadn't already rebuilt the whole thing a year ago. Oh well.

Thanks,

-Rob

Ya thats the ticket. Do an SAS (solid axle swap) For the cost of your lift kit you should be able to do the SAS which is better in the long run than the Chicken Wing suspension you already have.

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, for the cost of a TTB kit, you can buy a Dana 60 (with some searching), and fab it in yourself.

Haha, if you do some searching you'll find people who have welded the two beams of their TTB together. Add some trackbar mounts, and you can lift for cheap.

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, if you already rebuilt your D50 TTB last year: from the knuckles onward it's all D60 stuff... I wouldn't feel bad borrowing its bearings to toss on a D60 ;)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good to me. I have no idea what that one part is for though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online