Napa fuel filters how to drain?

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
So I finally switched over to the Napa fuel filters, cuz I like how it’s all one piece with the water drain built in. But how in the heck do you drain these things without getting fuel all over the place? Is there some way to attach a hose to the drain that I’m not understanding? Or do I need to look for a really shallow pan that will fit between the valve cover and the bottom of the filter? :confused:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just let it drain. whatever won't evaporate will burn off. My old style filter base leaked regular on the exhaust manifold and never had a problem with flashover.

HiWayMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my "91" there's a 90 degree tube on the bottom of the filter housing with a 1/4" rubber hose on the end of it. I just usually hold a jar-glass-or can under the hose and loosen the round brass "wheel looking thing" until fuel/water comes out. Are you missing the 90 degree tube?

Al

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I have what you mention for the stock fuel filter bottom. But the napa filters eliminate the seperate filter bottom, and it has a white valve built into the filter. The stock hose and tube dont adapt to the napa filter as best I can tell.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
To tell you the truth I never really drained mine unless I wanted to start a campfire. But what I did was I stole a tupperware container from the kitchen that just fit - it's a bowl and surprising it's held up to the diesel fuel. Just don't get caught (take that from expierence)

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I stole a tupperware container from the kitchen that just fit - it's a bowl and surprising it's held up to the diesel fuel. Just don't get caught (take that from expierence)

Travis I think you may have the WVO conversion a little backwards :rotflmao
Next weeks show....Cooking with D2 101 :rotflmao

HiWayMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F350camper said:
The stock hose and tube dont adapt to the napa filter as best I can tell.

Sorry to hear that. Mine is the "Napa Gold" filter and it works good. Just like the original Motorcraft. I don't know what's different. Wish I could be of more help.

Al

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Hey Rob,
I have the same setup and was thinking a 3/4" piece of rubber hose shoved over the knob after a loosen up would prolly do the trick at dumping things out of the way. cookoo