mysterious leak

black_smoke_99

Reaction score
i have a nice leak coming from the back of my engine and have yet to find its origin. thinking that its the EBPV but im not real sure where this is located. has anyone dealt with this before.

on a different note......any cheap ways to feed my smoker more fuel.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a nice leak coming from the back of my engine and have yet to find its origin. thinking that its the EBPV but im not real sure where this is located. has anyone dealt with this before.

Probably is the EBPV, if you look under the right side of the turbo towards the back of the pedestal you will see a rod coming out of the pedestal that hooks to the flapper valve. It will be the seal in the pedestal around that actuator rod that could be causing your leak.

If its not that it could be pedestal o-rings causing the leak. It could also be fuel leaking from somewhere in the valley, it will pick up dirt and oil by the time it hits the ground it looks like oil. Best bet is to get the valley all cleaned up and see if you can locate the leak.

on a different note......any cheap ways to feed my smoker more fuel.

Yeah, there is a number of cheap mods out there that can increase fuel. FPR shim, 10K mod, inexpensive tuner.

:yell: GAUGES FIRST!

black_smoke_99

Reaction score
never heard of a FPR shim or a 10 k mod. where can i find more info on them. and thanks a bunch for the EBPV help.

matt

ksdrifter26

Reaction score
i had this very simaler issue with my 02 stroker, it wasleaking oil in very large amounts from the back of the turbo, there is an oil lube line that feeds the turbo, mine turned out to be an o-ring failed, cost me all but 15 cents for the o-ring, might want to check that.

milner351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you use viton orings for the turbo or fpr. Rubber will get chewed up quickly and you'll have to do it again.

I have fpr viton kits in my ebay store, I'm out of stock on the turbo kits, but could get more if there is interest, we have a local supplier that's pretty good to work with for any kind of seal.

dieselfishhook

dieselfishhook
Reaction score
would the leaking oil from under the turbo cause such a drop in oil pressure that the direct injected motors would shut off at idle or would i have a bigger problem?

dieselfishhook

dieselfishhook
Reaction score
well, its been doing this for some time now. i can let it sit overnight and in the morning it will crank up and run just find. but at the same time it doesnt always fire right up. i have put in countless cam sensors, an icp sensor, and fixed a break in the wire harness right under the turbo. at idle speed the motor will shut off like its either not getting enough oil pressure or fuel pressure but sometimes it will idle just fine. its a 96 f-250 with only 140,000 on it and im wanting to get this thing running right before i do any mods. its been throwing the cps intermittant code, boost pressure higher than desired, and injection control pressure higher or lower than desired codes but while driving it i have no problems until i get to a red light.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
while its not always an indicator check the color of the fuel in the filter housing.sounds like you may need injector orings.they will also usually start fine when cold and run like crap or stall when the oil warms up and thins out.

your leak up top could also be the HPOP(high pressure oil pump) itself,HPO lines,HPO rail plugs and fittings.IPR(injection pressure regulator)orings.any of these will cause hard starts,the p1211 pressure above/below desired code.

the intermittent CPS code is caused by the hard starts and hard restarts when it stalls.it will throw that code after so many seconds of cranking and not firing.stop throwing CPSs in it.

at the top of this forum there is a sticky "valuable PSD information",i suggest you read it

dieselfishhook

dieselfishhook
Reaction score
the fuel in the filter housing hasnt ever been any other color than that of the diesel kind, but i did have a problem with the top cover leakin a few months ago. new cap and gasket fixed the diesel on top of the motor problem. the only current leak up top is off the turbo. i have only paid for one of the crank sensors, the rest were given to me by on of the techs at ford one afternoon. nothing is leakin on the outside of the hpop or lines leading to or leaving that system. i didnt even think of the injector o rings though. test them with a pressure gauge or cylinder contribution test?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
put a scanner on it and watch the pressures.you can pop the valve covers off and look around the bases of the injectors where the hold down clamp is and see if oil is squirting up from under the clamp.contribution test may tell if it needs orings by throwing a contribution/balance fault on the injectors.