Mysterious air lock

crash86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wrong info: we actually mounted the fuel pump after the selector valve.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by this? "we knocked the bb out on the injector pump" surely you didn't remove the check valve ball on the top outlet on the IP.

Attachments

• DVC01674.JPG
    DVC01674.JPG
    279.6 KB · Views: 5
  • DVC01675.JPG
    DVC01675.JPG
    286.5 KB · Views: 3
  • DVC01677.JPG
    DVC01677.JPG
    278.4 KB · Views: 4

crash86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surely we did. But we replaced it after finding out that wasn't our problem.

crash86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
False information: we mounted the pump after the selector valve.

crash86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got the injector pump rebuilt this past week put it on, and it still smoked white at idle. We went to test drive it because it only starts dying when it gets warmed up, or at least thats what it seems like, and it took us about the same distance before it stalled out and we had to get pulled home again. I've tried everything at this point. Anymore suggestions are welcome. I need to have this thing up and running within a few months so its kind of urgent. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Since you have an electric fuel pump, why don't you hook up a metal jerry can/boat tank with diesel fuel in it and pump directly to the fuel filter head? You will probably need to plumb the return line back to the jerry can. This way you can eliminate the fuel tank, fuel lines, selector valve, mechanical pump, and water separator. Just a thought...

You have changed the fuel filter haven't you? ;)

cr430c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Filter was my thought. Mine runs like that with a clogged filter. In fact I need to het a filter today.

crash86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have by-passed the selector valve, mechanical pump and the water separator is new. We put a new front tank in it to see if that was the problem before we went ahead and switched the rear but the problem happened still.

Hardass559

89 7.3 banks turbo
Reaction score
is ther a small peace of debree in your tank getting sucked in to your pick up tube ? mine ut die randomly bci dident check my transfer pump nozzel one fall and it had a caterpiller cacoon in it

crash86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no. We've changed tanks, pick up tubes, and connector ends on the selector valve.