My Ghetto WVO Setup (w/Pics)

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HE HE HE HE

So I scored 60 gals of free gold, and I figured I outta do something to make it usable. This is what I came up with.

We have a top bucket with some filterin' stuff in there... which gravity feeds into a bottom settling bucket that has the element from an old coffee maker in it. That gets 'er up to about 150*F, let it cool and settle overnight, and presto! in the morning.

Going to put a spigot on the bottom to make filling gerry cans easy (and purging the water from teh bottom). Walk across the street, and toss it in my tank blended with diesel.

Pictured with the element outta the bucket right now. The WVO flows into the element where the water would normally go, and the entire element sits submerged in the oil (oil doesn't conduct).

You must be registered for see images attach

I've sourced over 1000 gals of free WVO at various places around town here. Too bad I'm only around for another 2 weeks--I woulda had some good road trips this summer.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well once you get back now you know how to use it. Get some siblings or parents to keep it going while you're gone.... then you'll have free fuel when you get back. You're gonna need to heat the WVO before it'll really work right. I'd titrate it too and make sure I didn't have too much acid in there. Good luck,
J.D.

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy's dad is the owner/operator of a tugboat, and he's pretty fired up about free fuel. His 8V92 drank 1000 bucks worth of diesel doing a tow the other day.

We're going to try and cobble together a high production system with some water heaters, and a pair of aluminum 200 gallon fuel tanks he has.

I gotta build be a towable setup like you have though--and drive to South America :)

****** me off though... they have mountains of hot water tanks at the recycling depot, that will prolly just end up in a landfill, but they won't give them away for liability or whatever.

sassyrel

Reaction score
ranger--then go visit some plumbers--and tell them what your looking for--

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online