my 24 hours in short

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well here is my opinion on filters, I did service on heavy equipment and trucks for 10 years. Literally thousands of filters, CLEAN OIL is the best filter rubber lube, grease is usually soap based and washes/squeezes out then the rubber welds itself to the head. Oil stays in there and lubes, also ,NEVER jerk on the filter, the rubber just springs back, slow even pressure will do it almost everytime.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Sounds like everything is a go still. I will be pulling out of here Saturday morning. I'm trying to get some WMO gathered up to make the trip on. I have phone numbers for both Justin's, so I will call you guys before I leave here and figure out where we can meet up. I bet my trucks gets the most laughs... lol. Keep in mind, I've only had it a short time and haven't had time to fix all the little things yet. Well, I gotta get going to work, and I get the pull the trailer again first thing this morning (Funny how once I got the one ton diesel up and going I get all the trailer moving jobs at work... and the pulling a sailboat back from North Bend... Go figure).

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Well I'll try to give the parents an excuse about leaving Saturday to meet up :D. I am banned from the computer so I dont think they would take kindly to me meeting up with us oilburners, but hey you gotta do what you gotta do. I cant stay to late, I have to get back by 3pm ;Sweet.

snoredog

Reaction score
hey is there any way to search for guys on here by location? I cant really find anybody in GA with an idi. every ford i see around here is a powerstroke. a search by state or region would be pretty sweet but i haven't found it yet if there is a way

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Filter O-Rings & Gaskets

I have always used petroleum jelly on mine for yrs. now and have never had one stick......

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
should we move this to the event forum.??

Good question, thats something we need to figure out.[/QUOTE]

Portland?? There is enough parking around my buddies shop,
Beaverton, there is never enough parking anywhere.
Hillsboro, you cant get there from anywhere!!
Lunch at jantzen beach *******?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
should we move this to the event forum.??

Good question, thats something we need to figure out.

Portland?? There is enough parking around my buddies shop,
Beaverton, there is never enough parking anywhere.
Hillsboro, you cant get there from anywhere!!
Lunch at jantzen beach *******?[/QUOTE]

If I do end up going lets make is something right off I-5. You should have seen me trying to find Hillsboro high school the other weekend, it took me like 3 hours :eek: (I was trying to find the football game).

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
Grades werent up to par for the parents and I was spending a ton of time on the internet :D

Good question, thats something we need to figure out.

are you shure that you werent getting home to late from the girlfreinds house having a little to much fun if you know what i mean;SweetLOL:D:rotflmao

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I'm most likely going to be coming up over Mt. Hood (US 26) since it's the lowest in elevation and has long straights to make good time. I won't be staying over night (too many things to do this weekend). US 26 will drop me right into Gresham. I talked with Punkmechanic tonight on the phone and will call him tomorrow after work to figure it all out and then he will call everyone to let them know what's going on. I'm planning on leaving here sometime around 7am, which should put me in Gresham around 11am (Just about right from a lunchbreak... :) ). Looking forward to meeting everyone.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
Justin I can meet you at something just off I-5 and you can follow me (and My gps) to Russ's buddies shop and or *******. I will look on my way to work for a good land mark off I-5 to meet you at.

kenneth seems to be getting here about 11 ish, we could meet at noon and do lunch. I have a play to go to that evening (my fiance did a lot of the work for it).

Russ, as for as the pointing and laughing at trucks mine will give you all side stitches. Poor beast.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online