Muffler?

Smokey73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Straight piped the ''Mule" a few weeks ago because I felt like the muffler was stopped up, and it was. That thing sounds great. Since then, I put a steel bed on the truck. It's a skirted flatbed, and the exhaust dumped in the factory location, just inside the edge of the bed. The noise echoed in that bed like in a tin can, it was horrible to drive down the highway. To remedy this, I welded on a 4in chrome turnout off of some old big rig so that it dumped just outside the edge of the bed. This helped considerably with the noise level, but it still sounds like you've got your head in a bucket when you're cruising down the highway. I was thinking about putting a muffler on it. We've got an old truck that I bought for parts, that has a brand new magnaflow muffler on it. I was thinking about putting that thing on there, but would it be just as bad? I've never seen (heard) anyone around here with one of these trucks with one of those mufflers on it.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Depends on what size the muffler is. It would help definatly, and probably make it sound a little deeper.

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
iv got a 4" 14" long 7"round magnaflow and it takes all the harshness out of the exhuast inless your really on it and it will rap some, but it has a really nice deep sound to it. i would go with a straight threw muffler on a n/a