Motorbreath's Crew Cab

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any major issues fitting the SD console? I picked up a set of newer '11 seats to go in my truck and that might be a better option for a console. :sly

motorbreath53

lucky sob....
Reaction score
I'm happy to oblige if the stereo stuff will help out...
I bought a Pioneer p9400bh. I've had one in my Bronco for two years now and love it.
You must be registered for see images attach

It lets you Bluetooth Pandora from my phone to the stereo, which I use the hell out of. So, I took apart an Otterbox belt clip, and mounted it to the dash. I hardwired the phone charger from behind the phone mount so I don't have cords strung everywhere... works killer...

There's enough cord to put the bluetooth mic just about anywhere.... but it landed here with the thought that the passanger could talk as well... in retrospect, a bit closer to the driver may have been better...

I snapped a shot of the hydroboost while I was out there...

The speakers are some factory sized Kicker brand... They were chosen as the best deal on a name brand speaker I could find on Amazon. I'd love to do a bit more to add some clarity and volume... but I have not dealt much with audio... anything past basic deck swaps and speakers anyway...

The SuperDuty console fit in the space well, but I ditched the stock mount that came with and and bent up my own from some bar stock. Nothing fancy. Anyone with access to a welder and a drill could do the same. Its nice though, and added a 12v outlet for the backseat passengers, as well as one inside the console. I HATE having wires running all over, so this was a huge bonus to me...

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics!! I had picked up a matching console to my seat color and was thinking of modifying it (lifting it) to make it high enough to be an arm rest. The seats I bought don't have the center little arm rests. My plan was to do what you did and put 12V plugs and maybe even an inverter for power to the back seat (mine is scab). This is interesting. Wish I had thought of doing that.

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
Nice truck, I love the 92-97 Crew's in white. Almost enough to consider giving my truck a facelift :D

How do you like those 4.56's? Highway RPM's decent? I'd guess 2nd gear starts from a stop are nice, I know in my truck on 4.10's and 35's it slips the clutch a bit more than I'd like.

motorbreath53

lucky sob....
Reaction score
I do like the 4.56's for sure... but it did put the RPM well into **** for mileage territory anything over 75mph...
The truck came to me with 4.10s...

It would seem that the hydroboost will need revisited. I had a intermittent moan with steering that I was blaming on trapped air. I was hoping it would work its way out with a drive. No dice. The noise has only increased in frequency... and no change in fluid level... i'm suspecting that the "T"'d return line (that most said not to do) is not returning as it should... i'll have to spring for the dual inlet resi after all. I missed ordering it (the CORRECT one anyway) with the rest of my parts and was too impatient when the rest of the goods made it to my door...

thanks for all the attaboys on the truck... it seems to run better when you guys say stuff like that...

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Well the saga continues... its been mostly little BS stuff for "Big Ugly"... found a stereo with bluetooth and some fresh speakers...but thats hardly worth posting about...

Scored a FREE superduty center console:

and today, HYDROBOOOOOOOOST!

Again... you've seen it before... so what good are pics of stock Fsuperduty parts on my truck... but DAMN is it an improvement. No more squishy pedal. MAYBE an inch of pedal travel to a firm confidence inspiring stop. Worth every penny to anyone considering....

I want that console :hail -Drool Any idea of the year? How did you mount it?

edit: how are cups in it? The aftermarket one in my truck isn't bad, but still feels a little leary going around a corner or needing to suddenly brake

Last edited:

motorbreath53

lucky sob....
Reaction score
Man I'm lame... Took me almost a year to come back to this thread. I suppose that's a good thing as it means I've been gremlin free for a while.... Well... Mostly. The truck is starting to beg for attention again...

I have a fuel pressure issue somehow. I'm getting a fuel filter light and slight power loss under heavy load. It's been occurring since before my carrier pump install. I've cleaned the filter on the pump, changed the separator filter and blew the lines out with air... No change. So dropping the tanks is next. If nothing's obvious there...:dunno

My door lock/window switches are dropping one by one as well. I'm considering adding power windows to the rear doors while the panels are off...

....aaaand the tach quit.... Probably the rediculous priced sensor I'm sure...

Good news is, it still looks fing fantastic. I wore out the BFGs, so I bought some general red labels and tried on some black rims for a while. I still have the alcoas in case I get bored with this look... But they might end up getting hocked to fund tires for my bronco.

As for the responses to the year old questions (sorry)
Thanks for accusing me of photoshop'n the dirt/grime out of my engine compartment. My wife's never even said anything tha nice to me...
No idea what year the console is out of... It was dumpster bound, and I just happened to be there to rescue it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger