More power but just out of fuel?

Chuckdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so this is interesting to me I have noticed that when I am almost out of fuel that the truck has way more pickup but then a minute later its lagging. so I know running the truck that close to dry is bad and not a practice for me but today I was driving on my rear tank with what I thought was 3/4 of a tank but it started to accelerate faster in spurts and I found out later that my gauge was stuck or the sending unit is jacked up. but why the increase and is it possable to have that power all the time? would be nice. I just replaced my injectors and still have the org IP with 101,200miles on it.

wgargan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so this is interesting to me I have noticed that when I am almost out of fuel that the truck has way more pickup but then a minute later its lagging. so I know running the truck that close to dry is bad and not a practice for me but today I was driving on my rear tank with what I thought was 3/4 of a tank but it started to accelerate faster in spurts and I found out later that my gauge was stuck or the sending unit is jacked up. but why the increase and is it possable to have that power all the time? would be nice. I just replaced my injectors and still have the org IP with 101,200miles on it.

I have experienced that also.
here is what I came up with.

it feels like MORE power put it really is not. it just feels like it because you just had spurts of NO power. Imagine havving your foot mashed on the pedal and cutting the fuel on and off, when it is on, it sure would feel like you had alot of power due to the instant fuel supply.

I thinkthat is whats going on.... in my head cookoo anyway

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I dont know either but this has happened to me to, could the fuel be airated more? it does have more pull though when it happenes, i got to fix that sending unit.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online