More parts for the new truck

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
We just had some pic's sent to us of our new rear diff...

The new truck were building is going to be fully independent suspension... With this new rear diff we have over 30" of travel but were limiting it at 27"...

It goes to the heat treater today and we pick it up next wednesday.

Attachments

• rear diff.jpg
    rear diff.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 97

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet.. do you have a drawing of the truck you are building... Or a plan we can see????

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
I don't have any of the plans... my Nephews are the ones doing all the fab work...

I will have to seach for any pics of the frame....

The only pics I could find were the ones we have on our site...

http://www.wanzekracing.com/trophy_truck.htm

These are old pics... the front is most of the way done now.. The engine compartment has changed since we got the motor... the real motor is different enough from the mockup one that we are having to change some things. The A-arm hit the power steering pump on full tuck...

SInce I have the new digital camera and now that the motor is in the truck I will have to take some pictures... Some fully extended and then full tuck to show the range of movement...

It's should be interesting these next couple of months... all we were waiting for was parts.. now that they are getting done we should be able to really move forward on it.

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Don't know about driving it, but we always take people out for rides when testing it.... :D

I know it's not the same... but I think its actually better... My nephew is the driver and he can flat make you nervous.

The last time we were out dialing in the shocks on the Ranger, there was this 1/2 mile section that we kept going over, fairly straight with about 2ft whoops. The first pass before we started adjusting we were hitting around 80-85mph ... several tweaks and several passes later we were hitting 104mph... I drive it pretty well but I couldn't do the 104.. your floating for the most part..

The new truck will be wider, weighs less, and has about 250 more HP... we figure it's top speed will be around 150-160mph... the fastest the Ranger has gone has been 129..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online