More IDI YouTube videos

Grady J

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

In this video he says not to start the engine with the wait to start light on or it will destroy your glow plugs, is there any truth to this? On my truck I almost never wait for the wts light to go out unless its a cold start.

KGIA103

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In this video he says not to start the engine with the wait to start light on or it will destroy your glow plugs, is there any truth to this? On my truck I almost never wait for the wts light to go out unless its a cold start.
I have heard that as the glow plugs are cycling they become red hot and if you attempt to start the engine while they are active the cold diesel spray from the injector will land on the red hot metal of the glow plug and cause them to chip which will leave pieces of metal bouncing around in your combustion chamber. Never crank an engine while the glow plugs are cycling.

KGIA103

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A few more videos from the charity auction F250 build. Nothing too exciting, but I'll take what I can get while I'm 7000 miles away from my IDI.

KGIA103

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They say they are almost done with the project... @Thewespaul where's the turbo, intercooler and 150cc pump at?!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were discussing a potential sponsorship and having the truck down here to film some episodes doing some performance work, but it sounds like they lost interest or couldn’t because of Covid because I quit hearing back from them.

KGIA103

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were discussing a potential sponsorship and having the truck down here to film some episodes doing some performance work, but it sounds like they lost interest or couldn’t because of Covid because I quit hearing back from them.

That's a bummer. You can sponsor my truck if you want.

KGIA103

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

New owners pick up the truck. Kid says big turbos coming soon.

KGIA103

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Car wizard. Talks about 7.3 and 6.9 IDI. One is on the dont buy list and there other is on the do buy list....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.