More E4doa 4x4 Problems

firemedicmonkey

Erie Surf and Ski
Reaction score
Well those of you that been following, I have been working throught the kinks and bugs in my 93 F-250 IDI, I happened to take my truck by my buddy's shop and he said he could clear the codes that the e4doa was throwing and see if they came back (the tranny shop never offered that to me.) He went in and found the same codes. But he said the only new code was one for a sensor on the IP, he said all the tranny codes were old. So he cleared them and I took off, heading for a date, that was about 50 miles away. The light was not blinking and the tranny was shifting pretty good, it still felt like it wasnt locking up in first gear though, but it was a lot better than before.

I was cruising down a gravel road not far from my date's house and all of a sudden the blinking light returned and its been blinking ever since, and its been shifting rather bad again. So he said we got to check the codes and see if the module pack is bad before we rebuild the thing.

My real question is, that when I was messing around cleaning all the dust and dirt in the interior that the PO left me, I took the whole dash apart. When I shift the transfer case into 4x4 low the low range light doesn't come on just the 4x4 so I decided to check/ change the bulb. I did that and it didn't make a difference. So any ideas on this one, is there a sensor or something that could be bad or just a short in a wire. Anyone have this problem before.