Met A New IDI Owner

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Waiting at Flying-J in Post Falls, Idaho with my dad to get propane on Sunday (04-17), and the guy ahead of us just bought an '88 F-350 7.3 CC SRW ZF 4X4 about a week earlier. We got to talking diesels ;Sweet and I told him about OB.Net. So hopefully he'll register and join us here. Real pleasant guy. Loves Internationals. Apparently he has a Scout or two. This is his first diesel so I gave him the skinny on SCA and fuel additives, etc. I didn't get his name but hopefully he'll see this or I'll run into him out there again. Hopefully that's one more new recruit for OB. :thumbsup:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Hopefully he will join us. I did that a couple of times (talked to other IDI'ers) and met with a much different response... One guy just about went off the deep end ranting and raving about he doesn't have time for BS and the other guy said he was not interested in knowing more about his truck.

Me thinks it must be me... I must look scarey or something... Probably my shaved head....

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is one of those occasions when if it were me, I'd have wished I had an OB.net business card, refrigerator magnet, or bumper sticker to hand out. I've often thought it would be cool if we had a card or something that looked like this...

OILBURNERS.NET

You and yourr truck have been identified as a potential member of the internets greatests on-line community for the sharing of information about diesel trucks. Please come and join us, so that we may know you better and share tips and information with you that will enhance the value and pleasure of owning a diesel powered truck. You've been invited by member number _____ . To meet this person online, go to http://oilburners.net/invitation and enter the member number. Hope to hear from you.

So you'd put this card under their wiper blade, and if they are pissed off enough to come and yell at you for touching their truck, the invitation/default.htm file will introduce OB, and give them a member number search function that will take them to a registration page, and then to a 'send private message' function that will allow them to thank the person for the invite, at which time the respondent can mentor the newbie on getting around. Of course this would require some programming that may or may not be within the capabilities of this site. Might be a convienent way to get more people over here.

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Cards Are A Good Idea!

I think there are places where we could get some free business cards. A neighbor gave me one of his and I'll check out where they were done and if there's a fee. I should get something made up anyway just for those occassions unless OB is going to come up with something. I don't mind putting my phone number and e-mail on a card for someone to make it easier for them and so they'll know someone from the site.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cards are a pretty cool idea! Especially for Travis and his scary bald head! :D
Just a thought - you can buy business cards at Office Depot, Wal-Mart etc etc real cheap and make a template in Word. Then just print em out as you need em. If yah made the template you could just email to whoever wanted it and they could print their own. I've made a bunch of cards for folks at work - they just bring in more business card paper when they run out.

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
I've been thinking of the card idea for a while any one good with graphics? You could just make up a templet and everyone could print their own :thumbsup: :Sly

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Okie had something like that going around. I think he emailed it to me, I will look around over the weekend. I should be doing MBA classwork right now, but keep getting drawn over here!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a copy of what Okie put together if anyone wants it...but, it's a Microsoft Publisher file (and guess who doesn't have Publisher on his computer? :rolleyes: )...

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
Here's the card I made and have passed out and put under a few wipers. What do you think. I'll try to get it in a different format for you "Programly Challenged":D . OkieG

Attachments

• BOOBcard.jpg
    BOOBcard.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 30

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
Well, I guess I'm a bit "challenged" also. I can't seem to be able to convert the file to anything else. Anyone have a PDF converter program? OkieG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner