Mechanical V. Electric Fuel Pump

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First, I must mention that come spring thaw the box is coming off old cluster-truck and every single fuel line, valve and fitting will be stripped out, repaired where sensible, replaced and/or upgraded, from the shower head to the Injectors with an eye towards fuel changes likely coming down the pipe over the next 10 years.
What "changes" are you seeing, coming down the pipe?

wrecked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What "changes" are you seeing, coming down the pipe?
You would ask...

Whelp, could be several changes up to and not limited to an outright ban. But there will most certainly be increasingly punitive taxes on consumer automotive diesel. Internal Combustion Assistance, or ICA (hydrogen injection) is one path that will likely prove prohibitively expensive (or not depending on how much it cuts into profits for electric) as is what used to be called blue crude. Biodiesel IMO is not a solution and will gradually be rejected for obvious reasons, namely the inevitable "how many starving people per mile" fuel ratings requirements coming.

It's best to keep in mind the simplistic/idiotic approaches typically taken by governments and their supporting cast of malignant narcissists, so I expect things to get quite uncomfortable for the typical petrol consumer once the switch to electric really takes off, not just for diesel either. Mainly because electric transport is too big a cash cow for those involved in production etc. Doesn't appear that anybody really cares what sort of actual environmental damage that will cause and just how useless and uneconomic electric is outside of major sun-belt urban centres. Too much money and fame just laying there to resist.

I could go on at length about what I believe is in for us all in the very near future, never mind for transport, but I'd likely get carted off for reeducation.

When I say with an eye towards changes I mean possibly making my own fuel. Among other things...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online