MBZ 2.2 help PLEASE

ezbruce

Reaction score
Good morning guy's
I'am in the final stages of a Mbz 2,2 w 5speed SWAP into my Mazda p/u. Looks prety good if i do say so myself . Runs, starts ,stops and leaks a little diesel fuel.The last thing is a new exhaust system probably this next week. I need a MBZ diesel guy to help out with the vac systems.The engine I have does NOT have a egr system. Does the High altitude vac unit need vac at sea level??? Should I run a vac line from the vac pump to this unit? I have not been able to get the proper vac diagram as of yet. I have been working with a 1986 that uses a 5 cyl w/ a egr valve and the discripion leaves a lot out. Any and all help very greatfully appreciated.

Thanks Bruce

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure about the vac line questions, but did you use the mercedes tranny or the mazda tranny?

Some pics would be great and might help with the vac routing.

But if its anything like most other diesels, there should be a vacuum pump on the motor that can be teed off of to operate the dash vents as well as the brake booster.

ezbruce

Reaction score
answer

Hello
I used the MBZ 5 speed manual trans.and needed to do very little sheetmetal work. the shifter came out within 3 " of the original Mazda location.

Bruce

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the High altitude vac unit need vac at sea level??? Should I run a vac line from the vac pump to this unit? I have not been able to get the proper vac diagram as of yet. I have been working with a 1986 that uses a 5 cyl w/ a egr valve and the discripion leaves a lot out. Any and all help very greatfully appreciated.
I haven't really worked on a 601 engine, but I THINK the port on that valve is meant to be open to the atmosphere. It may be meant to tie into the intake manifold (that's how the line's routed on a turbo engine), but I'm about 99% sure that it's NOT meant to be plugged into the vacuum system.

As I understand it, the only vacuum line you need to be SERIOUSLY concerned about is the one for the engine shut-off valve. The only other vacuum components on the engine itself are for the emissions accessories (EGR, etc), that I'm guessing you don't need to worry about at all.

Hope this helps...good luck! And TAKE PICTURES!!!!!!! -Drool