Max and average boost for factory turbo

Brutis

Work in Progress
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just trying to pin down some information. I am wondering what boost numbers are average and/or max for a factory turbo. It was making at best 4psi at WOT, but I can see definate signs of exhaust leaks where the y-pipe joins to the up pipe. I am hoping to get my turbo rebuilt and back on the truck, but if it can't make at least 8psi (to operate my Water/**** injection) I may look into other options.

My truck is not running currently, so I thought I might as well map out my plan for repair/upgrade.

Thanks in advance!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
My turbo which is the same except different exhaust housing and downpipe would make 8-9psi depending on outside temperature. Without the wastegate functioning I can peg my 15 psi boost gauge real easy

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
I have the same turbo, as stated above it will go over 15 easily (adjusted waste gate too far, and then adjusted fuel) I have 2-3 at 60 and about 4 at 70 with the cruise on on flat ground.

1994IDI

Reaction score
I have my pump increased about 2 flats, and see 5 psi on flat ground at 60. 6-7 psi at 70 and above on flat ground. 8 psi is the most I've seen on the gauge, on a slight grade with about 500 lbs in the bed at 75 mph. Factory turbo, my wastegate has not been adjusted.

sootman73

Reaction score
I have my wastegate tied shut and pump maxxed. i can easily hit 15(well could but i think i developed an exhaust leak from the higher drive pressures) now i'm running about 13 but i gotta look for that leak and prob just do some adjusting to the crossover pipe fitment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin