Marker light blink?

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
This may be a stupid idea, but I tow our fifth wheel quite a bit and get quite a few blinks of big truck marker lights. What I'd like to do is put a NC momentary switch in the cab, to be able to return the favor, when someone lets me know it's ok to change lanes.

What I'd like to know, is the wire colors to the trailer marker lights. I'd like to keep my wire run as short as possible and tie into the wiring inside the left front fender.

Thanks guys

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i assume you have the tow package?

either way the marker light wire is always brown.

Mutley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. I know I appreciate the courtesy couple of marker blinks when I flash a big rig that's passing me and would like to do the same.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I just pull on the four ways right after they flash or if I got the cruise set I just do a couple blinks left then right

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I got my trailer park lights hooked up to a relay.

To make them flash, all you need to do is cut the wire that comes from the light switch into the relay to turn the relay on, and run it to a toggle switch that has on/off and blink. Then run the wire back to the trigger wire on the relay.

That's how the wires are done up in my dump truck, and I can also flash my roof lights/mirror lights.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when im in the ramp i flip the strobes on for a second.in a car or pickup i tap the brake a couple times.

Mutley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Manually hitting the marker lights at the back of the trailer like the truckers do is way cool. I think I wanna do that as well. ;Sweet

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Manually hitting the marker lights at the back of the trailer like the truckers do is way cool. I think I wanna do that as well. ;Sweet

I usually do the hazard blink, but the cool factor of blinking the markers is what I'm after. It's not something 99.999999% of RV'ers do and I like being a bit different than "Everybody"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online